Despite the explicit complexity of the business world the number of its writing types is limited. People face the variety of situations, and it seems, that for each there must be a specific kind of paper. On practice, however, all the documentation is divided into the four basic types. No matter what the cases are, each of it may lead to one of these types.
There are particular keys for positive writing skills, that do not depend on any business case:
- the main purpose of an effective text is to help the reader to explore or do something. In other words, professional writing is always aimed for result;
- business-oriented material should be written by brief and clear language, free of unnecessary information, excessive wording and vulgarism;
- finally, the good writing style excludes spelling errors, bad grammar and unreliable information.
1. Instructional writing style
This writing category carries an information, which the reader can use later, while solving any problem. Text should explain all steps and points distinctly and account for the reader’s skills in current sphere.
User manuals and specifications both refer to instructional writings and technical documents. They provide the outlines for some products, due to which the reader can use these effectively.
2. Informational writing style
This kind of writing also keeps information, but more likely as a report than as a guide for executing any actions. Such material is usually used for analyzing data, creating projections and fixing rights and obligations for participants or contractors.
Probably the most recognizable documents in this area are:
- financials, which capture the financial status of an organization;
- and minutes, or synopsis of meeting, including descriptions of solutions and discussions.
3. Convincing writing style
Business stands closely to relationships between customers and providers. Due to it, there is a specific kind of business writing, dedicated to this interaction form.
The goal is quite clear and obvious: to convey a necessary information to the reader and affect his decision.
Here are some examples:
- texts for mass-media, submitting new information about something, or press release;
- mailing, which covers the latest news about products and services for a large number of people.
4. Transactional writing style
Day-to-day communications are not less crucial than other types of recordings. Through the direct contact current state of affairs is reported. In order to manage significant transactional writing skills you can find specialized online courses.
Means of communication vary from email to official letters, but the most usable one is email due to its swiftness. Anyway, some documents, such as dismissal notice, should be compiled in paper form.